First introduced in EasyBuild v2.1.0 (see
EasyBuild v2.1.0 Release Notes), experimental features can only be used by enabling the
--experimental configuration option.
An experimental feature indicates to users that these features may change significantly in a future release and should be used only for testing, not (yet) for production usage.
Currently enabled experimental features include:
- support for easyconfig files in YAML syntax (see Writing easyconfig files in YAML syntax)
- support for generating container recipes & images (see Generating container recipes & images)
- support for using easystack files (see Easystack files)
- support for trying to update versions of the dependencies of an
easyconfig based on what is available in the robot path (see
- support for installing extensions in parallel (see Installing extensions in parallel)